Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Modesto? As a general rule, you have three major regions of your residence for video surveillance: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Although your security installer is able to recommend where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Entryway
Although it may seem crazy that a burglar would make an effort to just enter through the front door, 34% of intrusions occur at the front door. You can also count delivery bandits among other risks to consider. A doorbell camera is able to manage these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is extra useful as you have the ability to speak with people who approach and engage the doorbell. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer all engagements with two-way communications and live feeds and look like you’re home. In the event a person attempts something criminal, you can have your camera instantly capture footage and transmit it to your smartphone via a text notification.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your External Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging assignment. Luckily, there are a few beneficial tips to help ensure your home is defended properly.
- The corners of your Modesto residence provide a large viewing angle, as you can see two segments of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or directly into a bit of siding or exterior trim are ideal locations for cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by your home.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more likely passageway for burglars than you may know!
- Above a deck or back door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the street.
In each of these spots, you should always trim away any brush and branches that might obstruct your view.
Suggestions For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your property in Modesto. But the additional flexibility means you have more factors to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight that enters via a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Aim the lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: Similar to a watchtower, a video camera positioned in a higher spot will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras above bookshelves or mounted on the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to protect you if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras where children or pets can’t tamper with them. Consider mounting or a different method of securing them to ensure they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best video camera won’t do much good if you’ve got a plant in the way. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to cloak your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the ideal plan for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (209) 226-4324 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.