Security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—something that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of additions all tailor-made to enable comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and two-way audio or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these additions help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Modesto.
How To Set Up Your Modesto Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your home security cameras in the optimal locations around your home is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great idea to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your patio, driveway, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your main entryway via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that aren’t quite as vital to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your family should be a chief regard before mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Modesto. The features described below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic alerts on your mobile device anytime unusual motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to automatically start filming when activity is discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with people with the unit. With ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and allows for a more complete look at an area. Check for cameras that provide a minimum of 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and ignore cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send timely notifications when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Modesto is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (209) 226-4324 or fill out the form below to start building your home security system today.